Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Thank You President Ford!

Growing up in the mountains of Colorado had many advantages and one of them was being influenced by one of our greatest presidents to hold the office. Growing up in the ski community of Vail Colorado awarded me the privaledge of meeting the president on several different occassions. Two of my childhood interest were playing Golf and skiing. President Ford owned a home on the Slope of Beaver Creek ski area and as a kid we always got a kick out of scrapping off the snow on our ski's onto the guard shack that housed the seceret serivce agent that watched after his home. The agents always were friendly to us and they knew that we were just being kids. One day while my good friend Ted and I were in the kids ski school room warming up President Ford came into check on his grandkids and he gave us a little grief for the snow that fell from our skis onto his guard shack. At this time Beaver Creek was still a very small resort and Ted and I were the two local brats that tormented the hill. The president also sponsored a celebritity Golf Tournament that brought in many of my childhood idols such as Michael Jordan, Dan Pasatrini, Gary McCord and many others. I still have an autographed Sports Illustrated that Mr. Jordan Sighed for me at the tournament. President Ford is the only president that I have meet and I am proud to say that he influence me in so many great ways. Thank you "Jerry" for all the great things you did for our country and I will always appreciate the things you did for the community in which I grew up.

No comments: